Thursday, September 6, 2012

VFNO - Miranda Kerr & KORA - & The Crowd Went Wild!

Vogue Fashion's Night Out, is it really a year since I christened it Vogue People's Fashion Night Out! It must be; and someone at Vogue must have read it and cancelled my VIP pass, alas there was no inner sanctum and freely flowing glasses of Belvedere Vodka for me. Never mind, KORA had called and let me know that Miranda Kerr would be, herself, putting in an appearance in Martin Place and I would be able to get some great deals on organic skin care products! And what with half the local fashion bloggers jetting off to New York New York "if I can make it there I can make it anywhere" for some reason or another I thought "what the hell";  mounted my trusty bike and rode all the way to Sydenham station then trained it all the way to Martin Place with my lovely Fujifilm X-Pro1 and lenses safely tucked away in their new bag, ready to be put to the acid test of will-they won't-they focus quickly and accurately enough in low light..

What I found at Martin Place was a lot of people keen, anxious, excited to get a glimpse, a shot, an autograph of one of Australia's most successful and I certainly got the impression of; most loved fashion models. And as such I decided that the story was really more about the crowd, and maybe about mobile phones and cameras and the strange new way we seem to approach everything these days - by taking a picture of it & doing the mobile phone salute. Really people what are you all going to do with those blurry pictures of Miranda!

Crowd waiting for Miranda Kerr at VFNO Martin Place Sydney

Crowd (2) waiting for Miranda Kerr at VFNO Martin Place Sydney

KORA Organics Marquee, Martin Place Sydney VFNO

People queueing KORA Organics Marquee, Martin Place Sydney VFNO

Mobile Phone Salute, KORA Organics Marquee, Martin Place Sydney VFNO

Miranda Kerr being photographed by the crowd, KORA Organics Marquee, Martin Place Sydney VFNO

Phallic Clinique 'chubby stick' giving the 'Thumbs Up' Wesfield Sydney VFNO
I asked this chubby lipstick what he/she thought of Miranda and this is what big lippy said.

Photographers, Crowd and Police watch Miranda Kerr, KORA Marquee Martin Place Sydney VFNO

Photographers, Crowd and Police watch Miranda Kerr, KORA Marquee Martin Place Sydney VFNO

Model snaps Miranda Kerr while man looks the other way. VFNO Sydney

Crowds expressions, watching and photographing Miranda Kerr at the KORA Marquee, Martin Place, VFNO




















And because I know you are all dying to know... How did the X-Pro1 go with the low light; well as you can see it went very well indeed and 1000 iso never looked so good to me. In fact this whole high iso business is just quietly freaking me out; but then it works so I'm happy and well, I might just have to change Street Fashion Sydney's motto from "The Best of The Blurry" to something new. Any suggestions please let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour :-)très bien écrit; nous les contemporains, nous sommes encore à l'état des sauvages qui pensaient voler une âme, en volant une image; mais en volant, un jour tout s'envole...l'image s'efface et le néant nous fait face. :-) j'aime votre blog, très vivant:thibault

beelarge said...

Hi - Thanks for posting these, loving the images. Suggestion...how about changing from "The Best of The Blurry" to "Clear as Day"

beelarge said...

Great images & loving the blog. Suggestion for mantra change from "The Best of The Blurry" to "Clear as Day"

Kent Johnson said...

Thanks Thige, Beelarge,

"Clear as Day" and sharp too, I will work on it.

stone fox interrupted said...

could have loved to go see miranda! btw i love your blog & followed! do you think you could give me some tips on my blog and maybe follow or just leave a comment? would love to hear from you :)x