Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nylon Japan - Street Snap Sydney & You!

Way way back in February of this year, back when it was still lovely and warm and the days of summer were oh-so-long I received an email from Japan...  Nylon Mag Japan was contacting me to see if I would like to shoot the next Street Snap series for them right here in Sydney - Hell Yeah! Of course I would, I would LOVE TOO. Mind you; the requirements for the story where quite a bit more demanding and daunting than what I usually get up to for a story here on Street Fashion Sydney. Nylon was after a large selection of street shots to choose from, fifty different people to be precise. That was going to be a big call right there as stalking fashion style in Sydney can be quite a tricky task - and then there was the deadline - the details - it was certainly going to be full on.

And full-on it certainly was and before too long I knew I was not going to be able to deliver all the shots working by myself. I emailed Akiko at Nylon to see if she was OK with me bringing in Street Fashion colleague Xiaohan Shen to help with delivering the shots; all good. Between the two of us we were able to deliver enough looks for the 6 page spread though we both had more than our fair share of "no thanks" along the way. So many... So many that I missed deadline for the first time in my career as a photographer! Well we did have it extended so perhaps not missed...
Come on Sydney, the camera does not bite and bad pictures are no good to anyone; FEAR NOT only the best are for print and blogging!


That said, Xiaohan and I did meet a lot lovely Sydney girls & lovely girls in Sydney who were nice enough to pose for our cameras and let us jot down the extra info Nylon was looking for. So here are a couple of pages from Nylon and some of my shots that made it 'in' and some that did not! Here they are, too many for a single post so keep an eye out for Nylon Sydney Snap Part 2,and keep an eye on XSSAT for Xiaohan's shots; I'm sure she's gonna post her selection too!

Mouse over the pictures to get all the fashion details.

Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Title Page for Nylon Japan

Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Double Page spread for Nylon Japan

K Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

k Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

 Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan, Therese Rawsthorne

Tribal Fusion Bellydancer
Brand, Rainbow Serpent
Shop, Bike Club, Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

Brand, Kate Sylvester, Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

Gillian, Brand, Country Road
Shop, Fundamentals Cafe, Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

Brand, Supre, Home made necklace, Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

Brand, Banna Republic
Shop, Coffe Tea & Me - Cafe, Street Fashion, Street Snap Sydney - Nylon Japan

LOVE YOU SYDNEY!

No comments: