Friday, May 20, 2011

Medium : Vinyl - Hardware/Plump Galleries Enmore

What a difference 24 hours and a move to The West makes; well the inner west of the very-in Newtown/Enmore stretch-the area we never thought could manage to be cool! 'Medium : Vinyl' takes Street Fashion Sydney from Camilla's BoHo Chic you-can-buy to BoHo-Land proper and an exhibition split across Enmore Road and two exhibition spaces; Plump Space & Hardware Gallery. And although I have attended shows at Hardware before it was my first visit to Plump, though being a bit of a westie I have seen a few openings taking place as I cycled my way home.

Hardware has the saleable art and there are some great pieces I loved, a 50's dress made from 45s; still unsold when I left, a large Binary piece [0001 100 000] that sort of thing cut from, yes, records. And 'Stop Play Pause' tape deck controls on Vinyl; a double homage to analogue that was so clever and sleek I bought it myself!

Plump had the 'Art Happening' happening and the records stuck to the wall; was that an obscure Phil Spector 'Wall of Sound' reference...

Medium : Vinyl 600Crp_1921

Medium : Vinyl ; Records reflected in the window Enmore Road, Plump Space600-Adj_1918

Medium : Vinyl Gallery Patron, Black Dress & Wall Of Sound...600-Crp_1908

Medium : Vinyl, 'Stop Play Pause' tape deck controls on Vinyl 600IMG_1920

Medium : Vinyl, portrait with Hat, 600Adj_1929

Hardware Gallery outside view, Medium : Vinyl 600-Adj_1909

www.hardwaregallery.com.au/

And considering everything 'West is Left' or at least used to be 'back-in-the-day' I will leave this post with a video of Australia's very talented Robyn Archer who's Hans Eisler/Bertolt Brecht recordings dominated my turntable in the 80s...



On till 11-06-2011, Enjoy!

1 comment:

Georgia Louise said...

HEYA! Love your blog, it's a real inspiration! Fantastic photography I adore it! Im a newbie to the blogging world (have been blogging for a few months now), trying to gain a following and thought you may be interested? please feel free to follow me, i'd LOVE IT! Thankyou for your time and keep up the fantastic work! xxx